PakSense provides the tools you need to modernize perishable monitoring in your supply chain and help comply with the Food Safety Modernization Act. We are a single source for monitoring all segments of your supply chain, providing modular components that can be leveraged to build out a complete and robust solution.
How do the various FSMA Rules and Proposed Rules affect me and temperature monitoring?
Sanitary Transport of Human & Animal Food
This Rule was published in March 2016 and requires compliance for larger companies by March 2017. It requires stakeholders to document and implement a program that ensures the safe transport of food if shipped within the United States. Elements include
- Written procedures of your food transport safety program and verification that employees have been adequately trained on proper these procedures
- Proof that vehicles used in transport will not allow food to become unsafe
- Maintenance of the cold chain and access to temperature records if requested
- Procedures for the exchange of information regarding temperature control between shipper, carrier and receiver if requested
- Also applies to exporters who ship food into the United States in an international freight container and the food is ultimately consumed in the United States
Preventative Controls for Human & Animal Food
- The rule was published on August 30, 2015 and requires compliance by August 30, 2016 for larger companies.
- It applies to brick-and-mortar facilities that manufacture, process, pack or hold animal food.
- It requires a food safety plan including: hazard analysis, preventative controls, supply-chain program, procedures for monitoring, corrective action procedures, and verification procedures.
- The rule focuses on record keeping and verification of preventative controls.
- Temperature monitoring is a fundamental preventative control.
PakSense compliance tools for the Preventative Controls for Human Food include AutoSense Facility.
Continous Monitoring Solutions Under One Umbrella
PakSense is a single source for monitoring all segments of the perishable supply chain, providing modular components that can be leveraged to build out continuous monitoring systems. From basic FSMA compliance to robust cellular monitoring systems, PakSense has you covered.
Useful FSMA Regulation References: